Tuesday 29 November 2011

TOIL and Trouble, the Elmden way

Last friday I had a TOIL day (Time Off In Lieu) so I decided a bike ride was in order. I am rubbish at hills so I thought I'd have a wander round the border country of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex, those notoriously mountainous regions.


View Larger Map

 For anyone doubting my credentials, here's the profile. Alpine, I think you'll find

and if you don't believe me that's the gradient. A whacking 7.5% or 8%. Impressed?


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gareth. I was out on much the same roads this morning and having done the Elmdon road last week I rode over Coploe Hill instead this morning: turn right just south of your marker L and take turns for Littlebury Green then Catmere End. From Catmere End you follow a lovely winding single track road which goes up and down over Coploe Hill towards Ickleton where you'd pick your ride up by marker M.
    Please keep publishing your rides. It's a great way for someone like me who is new to the area to get tips on where to go (and sometimes where to avoid!).
    Ian

    ReplyDelete